Monday, November 27, 2017

Surprisingly disciplined!

I am inordinately proud of myself.  I usually use this space to lament my quilter's ADD, always starting new projects and only rarely completing them.  Today, however, I'm super excited to share that not only did I convert one of my many UFOs into a flimsy,
Getting my boys to work together to hold the quilt straight took forever! 78" square, this quilt was from July 2016's 12 Days of Christmas Quilt Along, even though I made two of the blocks incorrectly.  I also ran out of background fabric, and I thought it was Kona Natural, but it turns out that the color is just a bit off.  No worries, this quilt will be for me and my family to snuggle under while watching Christmas movies, so the mistakes don't bother me.
I also completed the first clue for Bonnie Hunter's newest mystery quilt, On Ringo Lake.
Fifty 3.5 inch (unfinished) nine patches!
Could it be that I am turning over a new leaf? (I don't want to say that too loudly in case I jinx myself.)  I need to keep hand quilting my niece's quilt, but my sister is pregnant again, so I wonder if I have any other UFOs that I can turn into a baby quilt for the newest addition to the family, due on April 1.  Hmmm...

Or maybe this scrappy stars quilt can be his/her baby quilt...
I finished this flimsy in October 2016.  At 50" square, I think it'd make a great baby quilt (even though I think I'd switch the position of the green and yellow in the bottom right corner first).
I am linking up with Monday Making and Oh Scrap.

5 comments:

Jayne Honnold said...

Congrats on your finished flimsy! I am right beside you at Monday Making, and I have a newly finished flimsy, as well. I am really drawn to yours in those Christmas colors; might have to find a way to put it on the goals list for 2018.

The Cozy Quilter said...

You have been very productive! Beautiful Christmas quilt...will it be done for this Christmas? I love making baby quilts!

Julie Fukuda said...

I love that finished flimsy ... and that those little guys are now big enough to hold it up nice and straight. I think those bright colorful stars would make a super baby quilt. And I am especially happy that your life has freed up enough time that you can work on your projects and share posts with your fans.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The star quilt turned out great. Keep up the good stitching work.

Taryn said...

Well done you on finishing the red, green and white top in spite of a couple of stumbles along the way. How much you are going to love snuggly under it with your family.